Welcome to The Children’s House of Ormond Beach, a preschool through fifth grade independent academy committed to excellence! Our creative, passionate, and trained Montessori teachers thoughtfully prepare the environment each day to ensure that children are challenged and enriched. At our school, we provide the necessary resources for learning, including a safe and positive environment. Together, the teacher and the child form a relationship of trust and respect that fosters self-confidence, excitement and a willingness to learn new things.
Since opening in 1996 to 13 children, we have carefully developed a unique holistic Montessori program in which the primary goal is to help each child reach their full potential in all areas of life. While we focus and guide academic success, the children are the real owners of their education. Their insatiable curiosity, infectious joy of discovery, and sincere respect for peers and the world they live in reminds us that there are no standard ways of thinking or learning, and no parameters for success. They delight us with the promise of a generation that appreciates individual differences and sees challenges as opportunity. They are the leaders of tomorrow, and we are thankful to be a part of their journey.
MONTESSORI EDUCATION BENEFITS
• Low Student to Teacher Ratios
• Differentiated Curriculum
• Environment encourages self-discipline
• Fosters a sense of community
• Mixed age grouping encourages leadership
• Classroom designed to encourage discovery
• Primarily individual instruction
• Child sets own learning pace
• Focus on respect: for self, others, and environment